Wednesday, June 26, 2013

June 26, 2013 "LOCKED OUT"

from the blog moronitenfour.blogspot.com


While housing the missionaries
 we have had Sisters accidentally locked out of the house....
and when they misplaced their keys, they were locked out of their car....
and now we've met a new milestone.....
Today the Sisters locked themselves out of their bedroom!
As I was driving to work around noon my cell phone rang...
"Sister Whitley, is that you?"
"Yes," I replied.
(They had returned home for lunch.)
"We accidentally locked ourselves out of the bedroom."
I told them they needed something thin to stick in the hole in the doorknob.
Then I remembered we had a funky little 
inside-the-house door key and I told them where it was.


That made for an interesting 2nd day on the mission for Sister H.
The Sisters said they got very hot today...
because their car thermometer said it was
109 degrees.
(It was really only 98, but the pavement gets hotter.)
They said they taught 6 lessons.
They were very tired tonight.

I asked Sister H how it was after the second day on the mission.
She said, "Better."
I asked, "Was yesterday bad?"
She replied, "No, it was just hard."

One thing I have learned from housing the missionaries
....it is not easy serving a mission.
I am thankful that the two missionaries who taught
us were not afraid of hard work, either.
It has made all the difference in my life.



No comments:

Post a Comment