Monday, August 4, 2014

August 4, 2014 Is it really August!?!?‏

I can't believe it is August!! All I can say is I am one grateful girl :) This summer hasn't been nearly as bad as the last. If people out there don't think God answers prayers... He is sure answering mine! :) Hahah. Everyone says this is the mildest summer they have ever seen. Granted, it is still super hot and everything but it isn't even comparable to my last. For that, I am grateful :)
 
This last week was a good one! On Monday we taught our cute Yolanda and Hector. I don't know what it is about this area... but we are teaching so many cute old people. It's really a blessing because everyone who is around me knows how much I love old people. My goal is to be the cutest old lady that has ever lived :) I want to run a marathon when I am over the age of 60!! We'll see what happens :)
 
On Tuesday my compa and I woke up and ran 3 miles! It nearly killed us :) We have gotten out of shape with all the Hispanic food we are eating. Ha! :) We also got to teach Teresa. She is the one that hadn't been to church in about 6 years or more. She had a lot of questions and doubts but we are working through them! Later on that day we had service. I want to find places like this when I go home becaue it is amazing how much fun it is to do service where you can help so many people. A lot of times during service as well they will call us over to translate. When I was nearly failing 8th grade Spanish I never thought I would see the day that I would become an effective translator. MIRACLES HAPPEN :) Ha!!! Later that night we saw Hector and Yolanda again. I don't remember if I have told you about Melissa. She is 17 and we found her and her mom in the street the same night. They are an awesome family and I think they have TONS of potential.
 
On Wednesday we had a really good lesson with Hector. Earlier in the week he doesn't feel as sick from his chemo treatments and so we can get more lessons in with him. Consuelo and David came with us again. They are the ones that the husband went blind one day at work. Everytime I see them it is a reminder to me of how grateful I need to be for the body I have and all the things I can do!
 
Thursday was planning day. My compa and I have been trying to figure out how to better work with the members. Our mission President is AWESOME. He really wants us to "BECOME ONE" with the members and as missionaries. We really can be so much stronger if we are all working together. It makes sense... all I have to do is think back to sports. A team that works together, wins.
 
Friday I went on exchanges. Hermana Warmbier came here. She is from Germany but is half hispanic. She speaks Spanish, German, and English. Crazy, aye??? I made her speak Spanish to me. It was crazy to listen to :) It was a busy, busy day. We got back... had a little studies and then went out to work. We went to Teresa first :) We did the lesson with the fire and the tea bag. I was worried it wasn't going to work because her dog was inside and it slobbered all over the tea bag. It was a HUGE dog and it had an even bigger bark. Hermana Warmbier was pretty scared of it :)
 
We ended up finding some new people. Some that wanted to listen and others who well.. didn't  :) When people start bible bashing we normally try to get out of there pretty fast. That night we wer teaching Melissa and her family and the coolest thing happened. Her boyfriend along with their cousin were there too! And throughout the whole lesson more kept coming! We ended up with a lot more new investigators by the end of the lesson :) We find them... or God will bring them to us!
 
We also had Gregorio's interview that night. We have to get his baptism cleared through the first presidency so we have to wait a while but I think that we are going to be able to get him baptized eventually. Keep him in your prayers :) While we were waiting during the interview Hermana Warmbier started playing the piano and I was singing. It made me miss singing and Madrigals from high school. I want to get voice lessons when I get back and who knows... maybe one day I can sing in the Mormon Tabernacle Choir. That'd be fun wouldn't it??
 
Saturday was fun. Teresa wanted to take us out to eat! I got fajutas and man were they delicious :) I hear there is an El Rancho in Utah and I am for sure going there and getting fajitas and carneasada! YUM! :) Tacos are my favorite thing ever on the mission. A little avacado and lime. Delicious :) We also had a really good lesson with Jose. We talked about the importance of coming to church and did a really cool object lesson. He said he would come :)
 
Sunday was awesome! We had Jose and Gregorio at church :) Jose didn't stay for all three hours but he stayed for 2! That was a huge improvement! It was too funny.. in the Hispanic culture it is a regular thing for people to kiss people on the cheek. So when Jose was getting ready to leave... he leans over, puts his arm around me, and kisses me on the cheek! He wasn't being creepy at all it's just tradition in their culture... but man, I FROZE STIFF AS A BOARD! I was dying laughing. I am going to be so awkward when I get home :) Ha! The things that happen on a mission :)
 
Well, I hope y'all are doing well! I am loving it here in Garland :) We work in some pretty rough areas sometimes but we are working hard and doing our best to be smart and work with the members. If I am learning anything on my mission it is that obedience brings blessings, hard work pays off, and that of course, the Gospel is TRUE :) I love my Savior. Even though I mess up all the time He is willing to love me and forgive me, brush me off, help me up, and let me start over again.
 
I hope y'all have a good week! I'll be seeing you way too soon :) Oh, and crazy fact.. my compa and I were in the same dance concert in Jr. High!!! Too crazy :) Gotta love it!
 
Have a good week!! Love y'all! -Hermana Hadlock :)
 
This is a dog that reminds me of Joker, Jyllian's dog :) And this is me and my compa!



No comments:

Post a Comment