Monday, August 12, 2013

August 12, 2013 FAMILIA!!!!!!‏

Howdy there :)
Well, where do I start?? This week has been one of the hardest if not the hardest so far on my mission. I think it's probably been the hardest. Last Tuesday, I got a new companion! Her name is Hermana Lebaron and she's great! It's kind of crazy, we actually went to the same high school. Can't you believe it?? She had Mrs. T as a choir teacher! Although, I'm not sure anyone can love Mrs. T as much as I did and do. :) Our first day together I realized it was going to be really different than it was going to be with Hermana Ostler. She had been here for something like 6 months and knew the area incredibly well. I now after only 1 transfer was the one who knew the area and had to guide us around. I let myself get stressed, overwhelmed, and just down right upset. For Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday I was struggling SO bad. Thursday I couldn't take it anymore and I broke down crying. I felt like I would never be able to learn Spanish, like I had nothing to offer, and honestly if I needed to go home. But I knew that wasn't the answer and I knew that I needed to get out of this rut somehow but didn't quite know how to do it. I had a talk with my companion and then we went back to work that night. When I got home I talked with Sister Whitley who is the member I live with and she helped me a lot. The next morning, I got a blessing from Brother Whitley. Their testimonies are SO strong. Both of them told me they didn't "think" that the blessing would work... they KNEW it would work. After the blessing I was filled with so much peace. I began to get a greater understanding of the work we are doing here and calm down. The Whitley's were right... the blessing worked :) I realized here in the last few days that success isn't measured by how many baptisms we have, the number of lessons we teach, or how perfect my Spanish is. Success is measured by my effort and if I am truly giving it all my best to serve. The single most important thing that I have learned so far on my mission is to TRUST in the Lord with everything you have and second to WORK and give it your best. If you do those things, you will have done valiantly. No one worry, I am doing great once again. Things don't always go how we want them or how we plan them but that's life right?? This week has been full of lots of adventures. We have gotten lost many times but somehow always seem to find our way in the end. This week I want to talk about Chazz. Maybe I talked about him in my last e-mail but I'm not sure. He used to be a drunk. In fact, he was for most of his life. We found him one day when we were knocking in a trailer park. His name is actually Charles but he also goes by Chazz because he was in a band back in New York I think when he was younger. One day his kids came and got him and brought him hear to Texas. After he got moved here he quit drinking. Every day, he marks it as one more day that he hasn't drank. He told us the number and it was 3,000 something. He is one of the nicest funniest people I've ever met and he isn't one of our investigators because he speaks English and such but he was such an example to me of how people can change their lives around. He said, "You can call me Charles, Chazz, anything but late for dinner! " Hahah. He is great :) We found a lot of great people this last week and I am excited to see how the fruits of our labor will show here soon because I know that they will :) You all know how much I love animals and this last week we've had lots of encounters with animals. First off, I think it was our first day together Hermana Lebaron and I saved a turtle that was in the middle of the road. Then, we found a baby bird a couple days ago that had fallen out of it's nest.... I think it was Saturday. I didn't know how to help it :( But then we saw what we thought was the mom so we decided to leave it and hope that the mama bird could help it somehow. I'll send y'all a few pictures! It's been a funny week. It has been SO HOT this week here in Texas but we made it through it. It even rained a tiny tiny bit one night. The people here say it has rained more this summer than they have ever seen it rain before. I'm convinced it's because I've been praying for rain ;) Que mas?? I just found out that Serena Michalsky (my favorite roommate from college) got her mission call to the New York New York South Mission speaking SPANISH!!! I am SO excited for her!! :D It's going to be such a blast when I get back to talk to all of my friends that are serving Spanish speaking. I couldn't be more excited for her :) Just as I said... A mission is hard work but I wouldn't rather be any where else. Here in just 3 days I complete 3 months! Where has time gone?? That means that I am 1/6 of the way done with my mission! One cookie down... five to go :) I hope that all is well back home and that you are all happy and enjoying life! I really do thank each and everyone one of you for your support! I honestly couldn't do it without you. I love you more than you know and hope you have a great week! Thank you for your prayers and know that mine are always sent your way as well :) Enjoy the pictures! P.s. The one with the ice cream is awesome huh?? They are always walking around here so one day we decided to buy one :) LOVE YOU ALL!!! Que tenga buen semana :)
Su favorita Hermana en todo del mundo- Hermana Hadlock!

Some last pictures with Hermana Ostler at transfers :) 

I will miss her! She was great!!

I found Joel Gardner! I went to school with him and was in Madrigals with him and ran the marathon with him :) He was a good friend of mine. He just got here this last week! I probably won't see him again for a long while because he is in East Texas.


My zone.

The ice cream man :)


My sweat and...


All the waters we bought from McD's because we were dying :)


Read the middle sign! 


And I found Jennifer St :)




A kitty we found.


A cute little girl that we had dinner with yesterday!!



No comments:

Post a Comment