Monday, September 2, 2013

September 2, 2013 A rainy day in TEXAS!‏

Hola!!
So guess what... last night when I was falling asleep the rain and storms were going like crazy! They lit up our whole room. If you know me at all... you know that I LOVE the rain so stinkin' much!! Then when we woke up to go running this morning it was still pouring rain and continued on for a good chunk of the day!!! I loved it so much!!! It has been SO HOT here! Every day I am so sweaty and gross. I think it is to my benefit though... loads of people give us water and I think they let us in their houses because they feel bad for us :) So I am totally okay with it. I think I am going to put a sticker on my future car one day that says... " I SURVIVED A SUMMER IN TEXAS" Haha, only joking. From everyone I have been hearing that it has been especially hot back home this summer as well. But I guess by the time of October it will start to cool down here :) This last week was such a good week! We taught this couple who are actually both engineers. I don't remember if I talked about them before. Their names are Adrian & Lili. They came to church on Sunday! I was SO happy when they walked in. They looked so nice too and participated in the classes! People thought they were members. I was thinkin.. no, but I sure hope they are soon :) The fact that they are both engineers reminded me of Heather and Erget and it made me laugh :) I will keep you updated on what happens with them! We also visited "Los Juanitos" again this week! They are the ones that had the Bible study class. Did I write home about that? I'm pretty sure I did :) If not, let me know... because it was truly hilarious! Anyways, they invited us to this festival that they were putting on called the "Festival of smiles" It's the banner that I will send home but it's in spanish so I figured that I would translate. The language is still coming along! The picture of the puppy that I am sending home is the dog of Los Juanitos. It was being so weird and I thought it was hilarious! I still find animals here almost every day. You know I love animals so I guess that's not expected to change on my mission right? Oh, the other day... we got in our car and the thermometer said 118!! Isn't that nuts?!?! Granted it had been sittin in the sun but that's the highest  I've ever seen it. Compared to the -18 degrees that I saw on the thermometer in the car last winter in Rexburg. Well I don't have any time left but I just wanted to say how happy I have been this week :) There's a scripture that has been on my mind a lot. D&C 84:88 It talks about those that receive us... Christ is truly right there with us :) I know that this is true. I know that this is His work and if we give it our best, that is enough :) I love you all!!!!
-Hermana Hadlock 





This was the same day I ran my marathon a year ago! :) 











Heather, this picture has your birthday on my milk jug!!! 












No comments:

Post a Comment