Monday, January 27, 2014

January 27, 2014 God puts us exactly where we need to be when we need to be there!!‏

Hey there y'all :)
 
What a week! I had one of the most incredible experiences this last week. I can't wait to tell you about it!! So on Tuesday we met this guy named Adan. He is from Honduras. We talked with him for a bit outside and shared a scripture. He said he has a hard time going to churches because one time he got kicked out of one of them or something like that. We told him how he would always be welcome in our church and we asked him when we could come back and share more with him. He said on Saturday. Even though we didn't think much of it at the time...Remember that part... it plays in later :) We have also been working with Xiomara a ton this week. She is a member that is very less active. She was baptized in Mexico and went to church for something like 5 years and hasn't been back since. She has 2 little girls and her boy friend Ramon. Maybe I already told you about her?? Anyhow... we started teaching the little girls 1 on 1 so that they could understand it better.  think it is going to help a lot!! We are also teaching her boyfriend Ramon. He has been going to another Christian church for like 15 years so he has a hard time with some of our doctrine but we are praying that the Spirit will touch his heart somehow. They came to church this last week!! I promised the little girls ice cream if they would stay in primary with me so I have to go and get that for them today :) They ended up loving it! One of them Stephanie is 9 and the other, Lizzy, is 7. So hopefully we can get the older one ready for baptism soon :) I don't remember if I said anything... but last week we got a text from Irene y Omar Rodriguez saying that they didn't want us to come back. I was super upset for a bit and wondering what we could have possibly done wrong or maybe what we didn't do that we could have done better?? Then I just had to realize that things happen in God's time... not in Hermana Hadlock's time. They will be ready one day and I have to be happy knowing that I gave it all I could :) So I have been praying so hard that we would be able to find the people who are ready and willing to accept the Gospel. Thursday night was an especially rough day when my compa and I were talking about all of it. We said a special prayer that we could have help and be guided by Heavenly Father. We started our lesson with Norman that night in the church... no joke 5 minutes later Hermano Casanova from our bishopric (Norman's old neighbor who introduced him to the church) walks in and pulls up a chair. We had such a powerful lesson!!!! The Spirit was so strong. Norman said he can tell there is something different about it. He doesn't know what it is and he can't explain it in words. He said he wants it in his own life. He said he has also seen the changes in his life since we have been working with him. AHHHH!!! We explained to him that it was the Spirit and that he COULD have it!! Hermana Moore and I just looked at each other and we both said if God doesn't answer prayers than I don't know what just happened!! :D It truly was a miracle how it all worked out. Friday something else amazing happened... we taught Maria and we had finally got her daughter to listen as well. her daughter is 18. So on Friday we knew we should bring one of the young women to help us teach so that she would know someone in church and could invite her to activities. We brought a really cute girl from our ward. Turns out that they knew each other from school!! Also we found out during the lesson she was only baptized 4 years ago herself. So it worked out perfectly!! Maria and her daughter didn't come to church this last Sunday... we're not quite sure what happened :( But keep them in your prayers that they can make it this Sunday!! They are so ready for the Gospel. So here it comes.. The biggest miracle happened this last week. We walked up to this house and we were supposed to have a lesson with the tio(Adan, the one we were going back to on Saturday). he wasn't home but before I knew what I was saying I asked the teenage girl who answered the door if we could come in and share a message with her. We had only been talking a few minutes when she talked about how about 6 months ago her sister passed away. She was struggling in school and fighting with her teachers. It was like I was looking myself in the face when I was 14 years old. Within just a few minutes both her and I had tears streaming down our face. I know God sent me there to help her. She is going through almost exactly what I went through and I know how the Gospel blessed my life, changed my heart, and made me who I am today through those trials of losing Michael. We talked for a good hour and a half with Maira. She was asking me a lot of questions and I was doing my very best to answer by the Spirit. She couldn't make it this last week but she said that she was going to come to church this next week... the crazy thing is she knows the girl in our ward, Daniela, that we brought with us to visit Maria as well!! I want this for her so bad :) I remember how lost I was and what the Gospel has done for me. I KNOW without a shadow of a doubt that I was meant to meet her and that I am EXACTLY where I need to be. I know God knew I could help her right now when she needs it most. Keep her in your prayers please :) We also had a lesson with familia Chavez that day. We went back over the 1st lesson and they understand it so well!!! They have such a light in their eyes. This last Sunday we had another 4 investigators in church! Douglas y Arelis Chequer came and same with Xiomara, her girls, and Ramon. I love this Gospel :) I testify that God lives. I testify His son Jesus Christ lives. I know our prayers are answered when we ask with faith and not for our will but of His to be done. I LOVE BEING A TEXAS DALLAS MISSIONARY!!!! :D
 
Love you all :) Hermana Hadlock
 
People you can pray for :)
Maira Lopez- that she will come to church and feel the importance of this message in her life.
 
Familia Chavez- come to church and read the Book of Mormon. Feel the Spirit and receive an answer.
 
Norman- that he will find a way to come to church on Sunday.
 
p.s. these pictures are with Lizzy and a little girl from the Hernandez familia :) SO STINKIN CUTE!!! :D


Melts your heart right?? :)


No comments:

Post a Comment