Monday, May 12, 2014

May 12, 2014

Howdy Y'all :) 

Well... 

IT SURE WAS FUN TO SEE AND TALK TO YOU YESTERDAY!!!!! :) Even though I wasn't a bawling mess this time... it still made me so happy to see you and it still was hard to say goodbye :) I can't wait to see you 6 months from TODAY in the airport!!! :) Anyone and everyone is invited to come :) Anyhow, I am so excited to be a missionary. I don't think many of us really comprehend, myself included, what the Lord is doing in His vineyard right now. These are the last days and the Lord is hastening His work. I am so stinkin' grateful to be a part of it! As are you :) 

This last Monday we had an incredible lesson with Verenice, Lucy, Aby, and Angel. They have been really struggling to come to church. We talked about our purpose as missionaries and how we are here to bring others to Christ but that they need to do their part as well. They committed to come to church for the week! :) 

Tuesday we went over to see Claudia. She has SO much potential. We just have to get the ball rolling and I know that she will be a power house one day. Her son just got here from Mexico and sings opera. He also has crazy talent with the guitar and piano so she had him play for us when we went over. It was incredible! IT definitely made it an exciting lesson :)  

Later that night my compa and I were walking down a street visiting a few more people when a truck pulled up next to us. It startled us at first. It turns our it was a member who was on missionary exchanges with the Elders. My companion looked at me and said something so simple but that hit me so hard. She said.. "Man, I love when we are caught doing missionary work!" :) I feel the same :) I love that when people find me in the street... they find me doing the work of the Lord. May it be the same for all of us. When others see us, may they see us serving others and being the hands of the Lord here on the earth, doing as He Himself would do if He were there. 

Wednesday we had an INCREDIBLE lesson with Lizeth. Every single one of us was in tears. We talked about the importance of following the Lord and the importance of DOING IT NOW! We really have no time to waste. Time is one of the most precious gifts we have on this earth to prepare us to be the people we are meant to be when we return back to our Father in Heaven. So let's get goin' :) 

Thursday was a special day. It was my brother Michael's birthday so my compa and I went and bought him a balloon that said "FELIZ CUMPLEANOS" and let it off! We sang Happy Birthday to him in Spanish while we watched it disappear. That day it poured rain. It reminded me of the country song..."Lord, when I get to heaven, can I taste the milky way? Am I goin there to visit, or am I goin' there to stay? I can't wait to see my grandpa. Can I have a pair of wings? And do you think God you could use another angel, to help pour out the rain? " I truly felt like the heavens were open :) "Cause there's holes in the floor of heaven" (another country song) I know he is probably a missionary just like me right now and is teaching and inviting others to come unto Christ :) Feliz Cumpleanos Michael!! 

That night we also found a new family that are sweet as can be. We are excited to see what will come of it :)

On Friday, we invited Lizeth and Agustin to be married on the 14th of June! :) At the end of the lesson Agustin said the prayer. When we all got off our knees... they were both crying. They are going to pray and see if that's what God wants for them. So keep them in your prayers :) I know that marriage is a commandment of God and it's our goal to have them sealed for eternity one day :) It will bring them the greatest happiness. 

Saturday we were driving and I saw this girl walking on the side of the road and felt like I had to pull over. Even though I felt kinda like a creeper you don't say no the promptings of the Spirit :) I've learned that lesson 1 too many times. We had a lesson with her right there on the sidewalk and she set up an appointment for us to come back. Her name is Araceli. 

Later that night we also saw La Familia Ajuero. It's La familia Ajuero that has Naeda. She wants to be baptized so bad but just needs permission from her mom. So keep her in your prayers that her mom will say yes! We also met her grandma that just got here from Mexico and she cried during our prayer. So we are excited to start teaching her!

Yesterday in church we had a really cute program. They gave us Hermanas a rose and told us Happy Mother's Day with all the rest of the Mothers! It was nice of them. But I was definitely thinking I'm for sure not a mama yet! :) Hahah. Then later, I got to call home!!! It was SO GOOD!!! 

Now, I am back to work :) I'm going to take the biggest nap of my life when I get home. Until then, I'm going to give it a 110% and work the hardest I have ever worked :) See ya in the airport in exactly 6 months :) I always joke with my companions... the mission in like cookies. I had 3 when I started. I've eaten 2. I only have 1 cookie left to enjoy so I better make it good! :) 

Everyone of us in on a mission here on earth away from home. May every one of us love others around us and work hard.. and one day RETURN WITH HONOR to our Father in Heaven. 

Love always, the one and only Hermana Jennay Gump Hadlock :) 


Excercise at 3 in the morning. Hahah! 

This was our 3 for 3 week :) We only made it one day!!! 





She took this right after we let it go :)

No comments:

Post a Comment