Monday, June 16, 2014

June 16, 2014 One good week :)‏

Hey there :) It is getting stinkin' hot here in Texas! :) What about in Utah? I'm not complaining though... :) It could always be worse. I'll have a nice tan when I come home ;) 

Monday night we had SUCH an indredible lesson with Luiz and his girlfriend. He had told us that his girlfriend would probably be interested in the message we share as well. When we got there they didn't have a lot of time because it was late. So we shared Joshua 1:7-9 and we talked about how the Lord is always with us and He will never leave us alone. When we were sharing his girlfriend started to cry. I can't even begin to explain it :) Looking at both of them I could see they were feeling the Spirit so strong. They really weren't even hearing our words. You could tell the Spirit was saying to them exactly what they needed to hear :) 

We also had a really good lesson with Catalie. Have I told you about her? She is Dariela's cousin that just got here from Honduras. I have been praying so hard lately that God would lead me to the people we need to find or that they would be led to us. I truly feel that He has led her here to us. She is SO ready for the Gospel and more mature than I think any other teenager I have ever met. I see her having SO much potential. It's amazing the love you have for those you serve. I would truly give anything for the people I am serving now to receive eternal life one day. 

Tuesday we started something awesome with Lizeth. She has a true desire to be baptized but it has been a struggle for her. So we made a journal for her to write what she learns after every lesson and also keep track of her "homework" or the committments that we leave her every time. We promised her if she does enough of her homework that we would have a small party :) So far... she has kept every, I repeat EVERY commitment we have left her!!! It truly is a miracle :)

Wednesday was a real adventurous day! At 9:00 am we went down to Allen to help the Elders move a family in. They are an INCREDIBLE family from Mexico. They just moved up here from Arizona and the missionaries helped them move down there. They don't know too much about the church but they have sure been grateful for the help. They are going on a trip to Mexico for the summer but they will be coming back and said we could come over when they get back. So as you can imagine.. while we were moving their stuff it was SUPER HUMID and hot. I was sweating like a little piggy :) But that's alright, it was good for me! In the middle I had to go to the bathroom SO BAD. But I didn't want to go with everyone in the house. So my companion and I went down to the front to see if they had a bathroom... on the way I stepped in dog poop :) And we never ended up finding a bathroom. We were dying laughing :) And of course... she lived on the 3rd floor :) Let's just say I have ROCK SOLID calf muscles!! By the end, all of our legs were wobbly. But we were sure glad to help! 

Even though we were hot and sweaty we figured after a quick shower we'd be fine. We got home.. showered, ate, etc. After a few minutes Hna. Allen was feeling super sick and ran for the bathroom. Let's just say the rest of the day she became real good friends with the toilet :) The poor girl was throwing up for hours. I made her a bed on the bathroom floor and when I went in she was trying to tell me if I had a weak stomach to get out when she threw up just as she finished telling me :) Good thing I don't have a weak stomach. The poor girl :( We think it was just a mixture of heat exhaustion and dehydration. Needless to say, she is feeling a lot better now :) That night the English sisters didn't have appointments so they came over and brought Gatorade and saltines and Sister Wyss and I went out to a few of our lessons. It all ended up working out! And she feels totally fine now so that's the good part :) 

On Thursday we got to visit La familia Ajuero. Neida is such a sweetheart. If you will, keep her in your prayers :) She wants to be baptized SO BADLY but needs the permission and support of her family first. So if you will please keep her in your prayers :) 

On Friday, Hermana Moore (my old companion who is now a sister training leader) came here on exchanges with me. It was a BLAST :) She goes home on July 9th so it was fun to spend one last day with her. It blows my mind because when I was with her she had 3 transfers left. Now she is going home and I have 3 transfers left. It makes me realize how fast it is going to go. I want to enjoy every second :)

It was a crazy surprise and Hermana Moore's aunt lives in my area so we ended up eating dinner with her. Hermana Moore had no idea! It was too funny her reaction :) That day we also had a really good lesson with Catalie. She had never heard of Joseph Smith or any of it. She said it would be a hard change for her because she has grown up without it. But she promised us she would pray :) She said it all made sense and that if she had faith God would answer her. She is amazing :)

Saturday we had a really fun lesson with some less actives. We did the tea bag lesson :) The kids loved it! I'll show you when I get home. It was really awesome because on Sunday they came back to church! The little girl is adorable :) She was doing my hair all of sacrament :) i will try and get a picture of her the next time I see her! 

Sunday was really good! We didn't have any investigators but we had that less active family come to church and that was really good. By the way...HAPPY FATHER'S DAY :) I hope everyone had a really good day :)
There have been a lot of changes in our little branch lately. We are hoping to see a lot of progress with the changes that have been made. Yesterday we got to go to the hospital and see another new baby! Our recent convert told us there was a family who needed a lot of help and we got to go to the hospital and meet them and share a little bit of the Gospel with them. We are hoping to be able to teach them and get them baptized :) 

This morning was fun! The members we live with have a tennis court. So for exercise this morning we played tennis :) Hermana Allen didn't have her contacts in so that was pretty funny! Oh yeah, and all week we took care of the Ragsdale's dogs while they were on a trip. It was a blast :) I felt like I had my own doggies back! Almost :) We were dying laughing because one of them jumped in the pool after the ball. Too funny :) I'll send a picture!
 
Well, I hope y'all had a good week :) Thanks for everything you have done for me!!! I know this work truly is the work of the Lord. It's not easy... but it brings true joy. I truly know that one day all of our sacrifices will be made up! Every day, wake up and choose to be happy. Choose to serve the Lord. Just trust in Him :)

Until next week, love y'all!!

The one and only Hermana Hadlock :) 

My companion when she was sick.

Me and Hna. moore :)

Pirate and Lucy :)



No comments:

Post a Comment