Monday, April 28, 2014

April 28, 2014 Here comes May (:‏

Here comes May!!! Say WWWHHHAATT?!?! 

I can't believe May is almost here. One year ago, on May 15, I left for my mission. I can't believe how fast the time is passing. Even thinking about where I was last summer on my mission... I have grown SO MUCH!! To think back and realize that I couldn't understand hardly anything in Spanish, really had no idea what I was doing as a missionary, etc. it blows my mind. I have learned and grown so much. I owe it all to Heavenly Father. Every day.. every minute... He is helping me become more of the person He would have me be. 

Honestly, I think I have the memory of a 95 year old because I can't even to remember all the things that happened this last week :) There is way too much in my head right now. I will do my best!!

So Monday... I was having a bit of a rough day... and me and my compa were driving home from Wal Mart. She told me to keep going straight but wouldn't tell me where we were going... after a while she told me to take a turn and there we were at Panda Express. She knows how much I love Panda so she surprised me and took me there!!! Yeah, she's pretty much the best compa in the whole world! We had a really good lesson with Verenice and her family that night. We played the famous "tie game" for our Noche de Hogar (family home evening with them) that I will be playing with all of you when I get home :) It's so fun! 

Tuesday we had a lesson with a young guy named Pablo. He's had a rough past but has TONS of awesome questions about the Gospel. After not being able to find answers in his church.. he fell away. So hopefully we can help him to get some answers and find the faith again :) That night we had a lesson with La Familia Rocio Loya. She opened up a ton with us!! I guess she's been having troubles and her daughters left the house. It always amazes me the trials that I have seen these people here go through. It makes mine seem so little in comparison. But I know no  matter who you are and no matter the situation.. The Gospel can heal you and bless you.

Wednesday we had a pretty cool experience! I got to go on an exchange with Hermana Crosgrove. She is the sister training leader and is now in Grand Prairie, my old area. So for a day... I got to go back!!! :) I got to see Xiomara and her little girls. It was the BIGGEST miracle! They are never home during that time of day but it was the only time we had free.. so we stopped by and there they were outside! Stephanie saw me and just yelled, "HERMANA!!!!!"" She came running and her and Lizzy both jumped in my arms :) I can't lie... I shed a few tears I was so happy :) I also got to stop by Adrianna... the one who was about to get baptized and then flipped out of no where and didn't want anything to do with it. She was really nice and said the hermanas could stop by again :) We also had a huge blessing and I got to eat dinner with Hermana Buchanan. She is one of the best members I have ever seen in the whole world. We didn't have a dinner appointment so we called her and she told us to come right on over :) IT WAS SUCH A DAY of MIRACLES! 

Thursday morning we changed back! They wanted to change back in Carrollton (the sister training leaders) which was fine by me because that was my other old area! There was loads of traffic and we didn't want to waste time so we stopped at Sister Whitley's (who was really close) and did our studies for the morning. It was so good to see her again :) She truly was the biggest blessing in the beginning of my mission! That night we also had an incredible lesson with Lizeth and Agustin. We invited them to get married and they were both super excited about it!! :) So hopefully we will be planning a wedding... and a baptism here soon :) 

Friday we had another lesson with Erica from Tijuana. She accepted to be baptized and asked what she has to do to be baptized :) The Spirit was so strong!!! She is definitely prepared to accept the Gospel. I am hoping to get referrals to send to Jackson in Tijuana as well! How cool would that be?? 

Saturday was a good day :) It was Verenice's Birthday so we made her the coolest cake ever!!! It was Hermana Asay's idea :) I will send pictures! Then... we had a lesson with someone named Claudia. She is really sweet and has LOADS of questions about the church but I think she has tons of potential so we are excited to be teaching her :) She was watching Frozen and making fun of us that we couldn't watch it. :) hahaha! 6 More months! That night we did get the opportunity to watch The Joseph Smith movie with Suzeth and her family. Lizeth and Agustin loved it :) They are moving along and progressing slowly but surely :) I love them!!! 

On Sunday Erica came to church!!! We were so happy to see her there :) Her and her boyfriend ended up coming. So hopefully we can get them married and baptized :) We had dinner with The familia Rodriguez yesterday. I want to share a few of his thoughts with y'all. They hit me really hard :) 

He was talking about the simplicity of the Gospel and the power of doing the right thing. I guess the missionary that baptized his family in Mexico didn't baptize a ton and had a REALLY HARD time with Spanish. But he baptized this man and his family. Through hermana rodriguez... him and his brothers had over 500 baptisms in Mexico. In those.. some have gone on missions and I am sure baptized their own. There were also other members of his family and his own children who served missions. There have been COUNTLESS baptisms as a result of this man's work. He never could have imagined at the time.. blows your mind right??? I may not always see the fruits of my work here immediately.. but I know if I keep working, do my best, and follow the Spirit, they will COME! :D He also talked about how if today the Saints were asked to pack up and go to Missouri in preparation for the Second coming.. he is sure 80%-90% would go. But then he said.. what about when we are asked to do the little things... like family home evening and scripture study? Are we as willing to obey? That sure hit me hard. 

Well... I love you all :) We have trials in this life... but just as God told Joseph Smith... " And if thou shouldst be cast into the pit, or into the hands of murderers, and the sentence of death passed upon thee; if thou be cast into the deep; if the billowing surge conspire against thee; if fierce winds become thine enemy; if the heavens gather blackness, and all the elements combine to hedge up the way; and above all, if the very jaws of hell shall gape open the mouth wide after thee, know thou, my son, that all these things shall give thee experience, and shall be for thy good."

Heavenly Father knows what He is doing :) Trust Him. Follow Him. No matter what :) Give Him your best. CHOOSE to be happy. "Come what may... and love it" :) 

Hasta Luego, Hermana Hadlock :) 













The bugs here are HUGE!!!!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment